Having a delicious meal with a loved one or close friend is a beautiful way to spend time together. How does one choose where to eat in a city like Arcadia, where excellent eating options abound? The city was initially touted as a residential neighborhood, but its early agricultural center featured several poultry ranches and fruit groves.
Since then, Arcadian cuisine has developed steadily around the region’s abundant agricultural riches, resulting in hearty, wholesome meals that are both delectable and nutritious for everyone. If you’re planning a trip to the city, we’ve compiled a list of some of the top Arcadia, CA restaurants you can visit!
15 Best Restaurants in Arcadia, CA for 2023
Every dish at Craft by Smoke and Fire comes with a sentimental treasure to take home. Expertly prepared meals, well-mixed drinks, and an excellent environment await you in this one of the best Arcadia mall restaurants in Santa Anita Mall.
- Prime Harris Ranch Brisket Half Pound – Brisket from Greater Omaha, smoked with post oak and cooked slowly for more than 12 hours.
- Short Rib Birria Quesadilla – made with fresh Oaxacan Cheese, Prime Short Rib, Flour Tortilla, Comeback Sauce, Cilantro, and Onions.
- Harvest Brisket Salad – Prime Brisket, Mixed Greens, Goat Cheese, Roasted Squash, and Apple Vinaigrette combined to perfection.
- Mountain High Loaded Fries – You can choose between Prime Brisket, Smash Burgers, or Nashville Hot Chicken.
“Like all my fellow Yelpers who left great reviews for this restaurant, I am too were totally impressed by the food and service of this new addition to the Santa Anita Mall food scene.
We had an awesome experience here for lunch. The people are so nice and super friendly. From the moment you walk in the door, you feel welcomed. Our waitress Des was totally awesome. She was smiling all the time and seemed to be very happy working there.
With her help, we made some good lunch selections. She recommended to us that anything with brisket should be good. We got ourselves quite a bit of foods including a brisket cheese melt, a smoke brisket meat, fried chicken sandwich and brisket quesadilla.
They were all tasted fantastic. Our waitress was right on with the brisket recommendations. They were so tender and juicy and in par with the Texas BBQ brisket. The fried chicken sandwich was equally good. With the full southern BBQ fried chicken flavor, we were blown away with the juicy taste.
When we talked to the general manager Ben, we came to know why their food are so good. He told us that they are family owned and everyone loves to work here. They cook their food with love and they serve their customers like family members. We had a very family conversation with Ben and felt like at home having a BBQ cook out.
We missed having a good bbq restaurant in Arcadia since Wood Ranch closed its Arcadia branch. Looks like we have a great BBQ restaurant to fill the void. Definitely looking forward to dine here frequently”.
A relaxed diner that serves traditional dishes, such as their renowned pot pies, and allows customers to either eat in or take their food to go.
- Chicken Pie Dinner – A mouthwatering chicken pie packed with a ton of juicy chicken and plenty of gravy sauce.
- Beef Pot Pie – A soft and flaky crust filled with a generous portion of beef, gravy sauce, carrots, and peas.
- Grilled Chicken Breast Salad – Chicken breast cut into tender strips and served on top of mixed greens with honey mustard dressing, sliced tomato, avocado, and pickled cucumbers.
“Very friendly atmosphere. Good vibes. Great food. A hidden gem in Arcadia. Rhubarb pie, chicken, beef pot pies are awesome. Good old fashion feel good home kitchen food. If you ever feel down and lonely come down here and grab some grub; it’ll make you feel better and reconsider your current life goals and commitments.”
– Long Mac
A branch of a well-known Chinese restaurant chain famous for its specialized Taiwanese food and features a contemporary design and elegant atmosphere.
- Xiao Long Bao – Perfectly handmade to achieve a unique Golden Ratio of 18 folds of stuffed premium Kurobuta pork marinated in a mixture of carefully selected seasonings. Every bite is exquisite since the aromatic scents of fresh ginger and green onion accompany it.
- Wagyu Black Pepper Tenderloin – Homemade black pepper sauce combined with premium Angus beef tenderloin, shimeji mushrooms, bell peppers, and onions after they have been seared together in a flaming wok.
- Noodles with Diced Beef & Szechuan Peppers – Thin egg noodles prepared in-house and topped with a spicy and herbaceous blend of chopped beef shank, beancurd, whole edamame, tomato, cucumber, fresh cilantro, and Szechuan peppercorns.
“It’s a successful chain for a reason. Din Tai Fung has mastered the dumpling dining experience to a science. Excellent food, service, and ambiance. Try to book a reservation, or else try their walk-in during down times (you may be waiting for hours without a reservation during the weekends)
Food- 5 stars
Everything here is very good. I particularly like the crab and pork XLB (dumplings), pork chop fried rice, Jidori chicken soup, and beef noodle soup. The spicy dumplings are popular and good, but I prefer the above 4 more.
Service- 5 stars
Everyone treats you like royalty here.
Excellent food, service, and ambiance. Always a great meal when at Din Tai Fung”
Jake’s Roadhouse is a casual barbecue restaurant with a laid-back atmosphere that serves limitless peanuts by the bucket, homestyle breakfasts, and outdoor patio seating.
- Stephanie’s Omelette – Jake’s famous salsa atop shredded chicken, onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, jack cheese, and fresh cilantro.
- Ribeye Steak and Eggs – Ribeye steak weighing 14 ounces, served with three eggs.
- Pulled Pork – Pulled pork on a bun, smoked over wood, covered in BBQ sauce and mayonnaise.
- BBQ Combo – A half of a smoked chicken, a tri-tip steak, two barbecued pork ribs, and two barbecued beef ribs served together to create a magnificent blend of flavors!
- Baby Back Ribs – Smoked over mesquite fire in smokers owned by Jake’s and cooked low and slow to perfection.
“Jake’s is always fantastic. A #1 favorite among friends and family. For breakfast and dinner menu everything is really delicious. The atmosphere and decor is really nice as well, highly recommend.”
“Jake’s Roadhouse has an excellent BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich. Service is good. Went during the Monrovia Street Fair. Atmosphere is quiet, the tables are well spaced apart and there are lots of signs on the walls.”
Traditional fast food restaurant chain from California that is known for its customized burgers, hand-cut fries, and thick shakes. At In-N-Out Burger, quality is an essential component of every item on their menu, from the first bite of your burger to the last of your french fries. If you are looking for a fantastic burger in Arcadia, In-N-Out Burger will surely not disappoint!
- Double-Double – Freshly baked toasted buns made with an old-fashioned, slow-rising sponge dough together with two American cheese slices, 100% American beef, freshly sliced or grilled onions, crispy and hand-leafed lettuce, a portion of plump and juicy tomato, and their very own spread recipe that hasn’t changed since 1948.
- Shakes – You can choose from their flavorful options, including chocolate, strawberry, or vanilla, made with real ice cream!
- Protein Style – Your favorite burger wrapped in hand-leafed lettuce instead of a bun. Perfect for health buffs!
“Very delicious burger and animal fries. Great flavor and the whole meal for a great price. The people were very nice and kind. There is a metro station just a few minutes away.”
“GREAT food and friendly staff!! I’m from the East Coast and never had been in any In-N-Out before, but I can tell you that I’m gonna miss it! Hope you can open one there soon! Really LOVED your animal style fries, so delicious! 😁🤤”
– Mar AL
Sena On Myrtle is a laid-back lounge serving burgers, tacos, and small meals, while also providing outdoor tables with fire pits.
- Cali Steak Taco – made with cheddar, guacamole, habanero, and crema.
- Kobe Hardshell – flavorful ground Kobe beef combined with cheddar, fresh tomato, and shredded lettuce, and seasoned with sour cream from a tasty meal to enjoy.
- Burger by Ryen – delicious junior cheeseburger together with lettuce and fries on the side.
“This is our go-to place in Monrovia because the food and drinks are great, but also because we can comfortably go with the kids. They have a great back patio that is cozy! Whether you are looking for dinner during the week or need a space to catch up with friends, it’s perfect! The margaritas are yum and all the tacos are delish…you may start with just two tacos..but eventually you will keep ordering all of them🤣 that goes for the margaritas too!”
The Derby is one of the posh and elegant Arcadia, California restaurants known for its steak and seafood. It also features rooms decked out in memorabilia from the world of horse racing. You can also enjoy their food without leaving your home as they also cater online food delivery in Arcadia, CA.
- Bacon Wrapped Dates – Featuring mascarpone, applewood-smoked bacon, and a glaze made with balsamic vinegar as the finishing touch.
- Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon – The renowned steak that put The Derby on the market! This mouthwatering dish is prepared using 8 ounces of center-cut filet mignon, which is then paired with onion rings and applewood bacon to create a fantastic flavor fusion.
- Derby Cobb Salad – Enjoy a perfect combination of chopped lettuce, tomato, avocado, bacon, green onion, egg, and bleu cheese crumbles.
“This will be the third time in the last three months that I’ve been to The Derby celebrating special occasions, this place does not disappoint. Be prepared, this is an expensive meal and drinks but is worth the price you pay for a meal and the service is exceptional. We requested a special seat by the fireplace and it was lovely and cozy. We all shared a shrimp cocktail for started and it was delicious. I enjoyed the house special, Sea Bass with a side of their delicious cream corn; the Sea Bass is served with broccoli and a potato side but I wanted to try their cream corn which was absolutely delicious.”
“Delicious food, hospitable staff, romantic and warm ambiance, vintage vibes. I love horses and this place really fits the Derby themes. I came in for a dinner date night, and was surprised when I stepped inside. It may look lowkey from the outside, but the interior inside and the dining venues are terrific. Candle lit on every table, decorative horses and horseback racing gears, and a fire place really added to the antique atmosphere. Old-fashioned centurion yet sophisticated. There are plenty of parking, and it’s very easy to navigate. 💯🐎🏇🏻❤️”
An authentic farm-to-table restaurant that uses fresh produce and is committed to providing exceptional customer services, all in a classic California setting.
- Roasted Salmon – prepared with a fusion of English peas, salsify, farro, radish sprouts, and wasabi foam to create a magnificent burst of flavors.
- Lobster Risotto – made with one pound of Maine lobster, tomatoes, soybeans, and garden herbs.
- Shrimp Penne – sautéed shrimp in white wine garlic sauce, with crème fraiche, and capers.
“This is the place to go for excellent dining experience. It’s my fourth time here and I still find the food and service amazing . The tagliatelle with sausage ragu, duo of duck and Mediterranean sea bass are family favorites. The striploin is rich and satisfying. We finished the meal with the blackberries with curd and almond brittle and dark chocolate mousse with raspberries. The ambiance and good service just added to my overall satisfaction.”
“Had a lovely dinner last night. The food is all fresh and very tasty. A beautiful selection from seafood salad to a beautiful duet of duck. The food is presented elegantly and the flavors are amazing and not over whelming. The wine and beverage selection is top notch and the ambience is like having dinner in your own personal abode with attentive service and peaceful surroundings.”
The George takes you back to a more refined era with its rich pairing of traditional European-inspired drinks and meals.
It is one of the best restaurants to visit near Arcadia, California if you are craving authentic American fare with a localized specialty, serving traditional cuisine with a contemporary twist, and dishes including wild game, and serving local beer and wine to complement the food.
- Presidential Steak – Enjoy Chef’s choice with an herb butter that bursts fantastic aroma.
- They Got Chops – Thick bone-in pork chop, haricot verts, wild mushroom, caramelized cipollini, and agrodolce sauce.
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi – Pan-seared gnocchi with brown butter, sage, pea tendrils, parmesan, and chili flakes.
“A real gem tucked away on a sleepy street, friendly engaging staff, and a very approachable price for what you get. I’d highly recommend this spot to anyone looking for something cozy and low key, somewhere to really unwind. The food is rich and filling, and the drinks are sublime. We went on a night where there was a live jazz band, and it was just the perfect ambiance for the night. We will definitely be coming back!”
“First visit! Great happy hour, beautiful space with nice atmosphere. Would suggest adding fresh bread to charcuterie. Will definitely be back! Our server was lovely and very attentive. #TGIF”
One of the go-to Italian restaurants in Arcadia is Bella Sera Trattoria, which features pasta, pizza, and other traditional Italian dishes served in a laid-back and idyllic setting with an open kitchen and a backyard patio.
- Beef Tenderloin Medallions – Served atop a bed of fresh asparagus and doused in a marsala wine mushroom sauce, grilled to your preferences.
- Calzone – A big fold-over pizza packed with pepperoni, tomato sauce, and mozzarella.
- Penne Quattro Formaggi – Short tube pasta baked with gorgonzola, mozzarella, provolone, and parmesan cheese.
“Have been meaning to eat here for months. Finally had an opportunity with my daughter and her boyfriend. Service was absolutely 5 star. My daughter is vegetarian and was thrilled with the options available. She and I both agreed Bella Sera is our go to restaurant now.”
“The place is nice and inviting and the food is delicious! An extra treat was some live jazz music to make the perfect date night.”
Experience New American Asian Fusion cuisine featuring high-quality ingredients prepared with careful attention to detail. When it comes to fine dining, Omaniku ensures that every facet of the experience, from the preparation of the meal to the service, is handled with the utmost pride and top-notch services.
- Uniniku – Tartare of USDA Prime Ribeye served with yakiniku sauce enriched with truffle, crispy nori cracker, and Santa Barbara Uni.
- Outside Skirt Cut – USDA Prime outer skirt cut prepared with sauteed onions and asparagus and finished with a glaze made from scratch using ponzu sauce.
- Unicrab – Alaskan King Crab topped with yakiniku sauce imbued with truffle, crunchy nori cracker, and Santa Barbara Uni.
“The service was attentive and prompt. I got the beef omakase. Though it’s beef for the most part scallops and uni were served among other courses. The food was delicious. When I called to make the reservation they clearly let you know you have either seafood or beef option. The overall experiment was great.”
“Awesome. Beef tasting course with 13 menu. All are awesome. My favorite are Uniniku, outside skirt house citrus, and as Wagyu poached egg. Highly recommend it”
– Ira Wu
Group Dining Restaurants:
Comfort dishes such as sandwiches and steaks, along with beers from all over the world, are served at this warm and inviting pub in Arcadia, CA.
- Sausage Plate – An andouille sausage that has been cooked and sliced, together with two bratwurst sausages, pickled peppers, and barbecue sauce, served with honey mustard dipping sauce.
- Baby Back Ribs – Pork ribs that are lean, meaty, and tender, seasoned with their top-secret rub, then slow-cooked with special barbecue sauce basted on top.
- Shrimp Capellini – Angel hair pasta covered with sun-dried tomato and chardonnay cream sauce or fresh tomato and basil sauce paired with garlic toast. This dish features five giant shrimp sautéed in the sauce.
“I liked the setting. It’s dimly lit and there’s a ton of games on over the bar. It can get a little loud but it’s everyone having a good time. I had some food, the Buffalo Chicken Salad and it was really tasty. The chicken was fried well and my salad chilled and cut to perfection. It was overall a good experience.”
“I love this place! They serve first-class food, their menu is varied, the chef of that place is a professional, I love to eat all their food. The food is always top-notch, the attitude towards customers is pleasant. I visit this restaurant often and have never felt unhappy. Highly recommended.”
One of the best Arcadia restaurants serving authentic Thai cuisine in an idyllic setting. Treat yourself to something from their extensive menu if you crave Thai food!
- President’s BBQ Beef – Tender beef strips marinated in a Thai-style barbecue sauce and charbroiled to your liking. Comes with a homemade dressing made with cilantro.
- Pra-Ram – Fresh spinach combined with the meat of your choosing and topped with their unique peanut sauce.
- Pad Thai – Rice noodles stir-fried in a pan with an egg, baked soy tofu, salted radish, bean sprouts, and green onions, topped with ground peanuts.
“Honestly I was blown away. I had the Roasted Duck Curry and it’s been so long since I’ve had actual good curry. For the first time in years I couldn’t finish a meal even though I really wanted to. My brother and I went in during dinner rush but we were quickly seated and our service was never wanting. Great restaurant, we’ll absolutely be visiting again.”
“OMGGGGG, this is my new favorite Thai restaurant. It was amazing, I will be back definitely 😋 love love loved it. I recommend the jumbo garlic shrimp and president BBQ beef and the ice cream. I love in Corona and I’ll make the drive for this restaurant 😋”
Looking for a local Japanese restaurant in Arcadia, California? Head to Tokyo Wako and enjoy sumptuous sushi and steaks grilled tableside in a sleek and modern atmosphere. Meals at Tokyo Wako are equally impressive and won’t let you down in any way. All the sauces for the teppanyaki and sushi dishes are also prepared in-house.
- Spicy Tuna Crispy Rice – Fried sushi rice that has been given a crispy coating and is served with spicy tuna and avocado, as well as wasabi and Yuzu sauce.
- Yellowtail Carpaccio – Yellowtail cut into thin slices and garnished with a puree made with cucumbers and Yuzu Kosho pickled peppers.
- Emperor Steak – top-rated USDA Choice Angus New York Steak.
“It was a wonderful restaurant. It had half the room set up for teppanyaki group style dinners and they also had individual tables for those who wanted a more intimate meal. We chose a table and the food was delicious!! Highly recommended.”
“Stopped at the bar to grab a drink while waiting for our table. The food was really good and our cook was a lot of fun. Enjoyed the whole experience, will be back for sure.”
Chang’s Garden is a humble, laid-back restaurant serving classic Chinese cuisine in a modest setting.
- Madam Sung’s Fish Chowder
- Tung Po Pork Belly
- Shanghai Thick Noodles
“Since I live in San Gabriel Valley, and I’m Taiwanese, I’m very picky about Chinese food, and Chang’s Garden has the BEST Chinese food in all of San Gabriel Valley. The ambiance here is very good, it’s not too loud. I added the dishes we had in photos. The fish was spicy, but not too spicy (please don’t eat the chili peppers in there!) I loved the sweet lotus root, it’s so hard to find in SGV, and I’ve had it at one other place and it wasn’t as good as Chang’s Garden version of it. The sweet lotus dessert isn’t easy to make. The jellyfish was very refreshing during the summer weather.”
All of the restaurants in Arcadia, California we have described above will satisfy any of your cravings. Whether you are coming with your friends, your family or your special someone, Arcadia, CA restaurants will surely satisfy you in terms of the services they provide and the general quality of the food they offer.
If you are interested in learning more about Arcadia, CA, or San Gabriel Valley in general, please do not hesitate to call our team at (626) 285 2121, and follow me on my social media platforms below.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Moffett’s Family Restaurant and Chicken Pie is a local favorite for many residents of Arcadia, CA because of their high-quality meals, cooked to perfection to satisfy any craving that will make you want to come back.
Every restaurant in Arcadia, CA offers something that can satisfy your cravings, whether you are looking for American, Italian, Thai, or other Asian cuisines.
If you are out for a casual meal with friends, visiting burger pubs such as In-N-Out Burger will surely satisfy your hunger. Don’t miss out on their Double-Double! However, if you want a magical date night, we suggest you try Beef Tenderloin Medallions at Bella Sera Trattoria or Presidential Steak at The George for a memorable romantic dinner with your loved one.
When we talk about choosing a restaurant in Arcadia, California, researching their food quality and the overall service they provide will most certainly help you enjoy your meal with your family and friends.